Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Planning the evaluation

Reviewing my project:

Successes: What went well? 
  • I am pleased with the level of detail in my blog posts
  • I always keep track of my hours spent on the project, and I am happy with how I structured an organised time keeping post
  • I have used a range of sources Research section that I believe I've used well. I also enjoyed this section very much
  • I think that my shoots were mainly a success, and my video fulfilled its aims
  • I overcame a number of problems during my project and I consider this as a success, especially because it was part of the learning process in my project

Weaknesses: What went wrong?
  • Not enough attention to making my timetables flexible (i.e. I didn't think about being away at Christmas, this was also a limitation. Could have made my schedule tighter to start with so that I allow myself some)
  • Creating a questionnaire was something I hadn't done before, and so I feel like it wasn't massively relevant, even to my overall project
  • Production: failed to do 50fps, because it means that it doesn't fulfill my original aim

Limitations:
  • No crew; my crew did not show up to help me, so I lacked in a number of shots that I would have liked to appear in my final video

How well does the artifact produced meet the original brief? (Extent of achieving aims)
  • The original brief: "I want this project to demonstrate my capabilities; to show that I can produce a media text independently (in comparison to most group work at college) and to a sufficient standard."
  • Research: The purpose of my research is to compile and investigate information which is relevant for my goal of music video production.


What I'd do differently next time and why:
  • Pick one client and a track rather than hoping that their musical collaboration will be what I need to make a music video from
  • Make a quicker decision over my choice of music
  • Next time I will factor in these things in larger proportion in my timetable (because I needed to spend more time on them): choosing track, starting the next section
  • Maybe make my timetable changes more precise
  • Make a questionnaire which is relevant, and make my research tie in better with my overall project

What I have learned from the project processes:
  • It is difficult to select a track for the project
  • That it was really useful to share my blog with Facebook friends since they helped spot errors, or made suggestions (such as include hyper links in my resources list)
  • How to use my editing programme more effectively
  • I feel more experienced in shooting footage for a music video after this, especially in contrast to shooting a film
Time spent: 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment