After much consideration over a number of new tracks I chose 'Outer Peace'. This part of the project has been really tough so far.
My problem was that things fell through with trying to adapt the tune. My clients were too busy with personal events that there was no way they could achieve a finished track in time, and as I said, I was extremely pushed for time. Feeling the pressure, everything came to a halt for about a week or so. I then went away on holiday with my family to visit more family, and so I have missed a number of allocated time spaces to complete the pre-production section in the right amount of time.
To help myself out and get the ball rolling again, I made a big page of mini brainstorms for the tracks which were available to me once I was back at home. I then chose 3 main ones which evoked the best thoughts, and then made a very visual powerpoint presentation for my ideas about them.
As for the rest of the pre-production stage, which came to a close at Christmas time (I had no time to do it due do family events and personal reasons), I have made plans for a practice shoot and recruited crew. More detail will be up about this soon.
Reflection: should I do this again, I will next time consider the consequences of attempting to schedule the production during the Christmas break: it just wasn't possible!
Hours spent over holidays:
4 hours in client meetings and trying to decide on a track (in total)
1 hour recruiting an actor and 2 crew members
3 hours story boarding, brainstorming and writing details on paper
3 hours powerpoint brainstorm on laptop
No comments:
Post a Comment