I felt that while my ideas for the overall tone of a video for New Day was really nice and tranquil, I was limited in where to go next. I had the scene set in my head but I struggled to create an act for the video to be following. I stopped there since nothing came to me for quite a while, and if I had chosen it for what I had, the video would not work very well in engaging an audience, even if it did look pretty. Also, I was unsure about how to represent the artist, Slushy, in this video, since it is an unusual track for his style of music. I didn't want to create a beautiful scene full of morning rays when the audience for his main music is expecting something entirely different. Furthermore, the image evoked in my mind from hearing this tune over and over spelled out 'summer time' in big capital letters. It is not summer time, and a winter backdrop for this song would have done it no justice.
Fashion Kills (remix by DJ PLAY) is a great pop tune and when I listened to it for the first time I had ideas popping up left right and center. In fact, I did worry that the narrative I thought up would be over complicated for a music video. I immediately began brainstorming and realised that I'd need a great deal of help from other people in the production of the video. I'd need groups of actors to fulfill the story line. I'd need people to mime the words to the track. I'd need a main actor. Then I'd need a good set, in a studio, or in town, which would require permission and specific scheduled days, and might not even be possible. I also had costume ideas, but I thought I'd really have trouble finding people to join in with this, and with achieving what I wanted in the time given. The prospect of carrying out this project just felt too much for this time of year. I needed something manageable.
I decided on Outer Peace because, unlike the thoughts for the other tracks, my concept for it was in the middle. It is just enough to sustain audience interest (in my opinion) and not too much so as to be overly complex. It would require only one actor, the one I had in mind would be eager to participate, and the outdoors, which is completely free and almost limitless. My mind had pin pointed the exact locations for the video while I listened to it, and this will be a great use since they are in my area. In this sense I feel it isn't overly ambitious, but it will be a perfect idea to fulfill for this project. In addition, I have chosen it because it is the ideal time of year to achieve such a video since it requires the winter look and therefore enables me to take advantage of the season. On a whole, I feel it will be manageable and enjoyable.
No comments:
Post a Comment