8th - Primary research, from 4pm to 5pm (I've a film shoot during the day and plans in late evening)
General aims:
- Conduct my own research to find the views of the public, asking about:
- The type of a music video
- Representation in music videos
- Genre of music in a music video
- Then apply these to my areas of research to bring in more detail to inform me on my choices when making my own video
What I've done today:
- Made an account on Survey Monkey
- Learned how to use it
- Made a survey designed to be fun, and to see what people think about music videos
PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED: I set up a survey with roughly 13 questions, some text and 3 photos and when I went to publish it, it demanded I upgrade (£26 monthly!) because I had more than 10 questions. After removing questions so that I only had 9, the same problem occurred. I searched the internet and found many complaints about this. I thought hard and used my initiative: instead of lowering my number of questions to 9 (since the upgrade never defined what it meant by 'question') I lowered the number of features to less than 10. It allowed me access. I was appalled by this and so I copied my questions to a blank LibreOffice document on my computer.
THOUGHTS:
Maybe I can use one at the end of my project once I have produced the video so that I can get feedback/people to evaluate my work.
TOTAL TIME SPENT: 2 hrs
- Conduct my own research to find the views of the public, asking about:
- The type of a music video
- Representation in music videos
- Genre of music in a music video
- Then apply these to my areas of research to bring in more detail to inform me on my choices when making my own video
What I've done today:
- Made an account on Survey Monkey
- Learned how to use it
- Made a survey designed to be fun, and to see what people think about music videos
PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED: I set up a survey with roughly 13 questions, some text and 3 photos and when I went to publish it, it demanded I upgrade (£26 monthly!) because I had more than 10 questions. After removing questions so that I only had 9, the same problem occurred. I searched the internet and found many complaints about this. I thought hard and used my initiative: instead of lowering my number of questions to 9 (since the upgrade never defined what it meant by 'question') I lowered the number of features to less than 10. It allowed me access. I was appalled by this and so I copied my questions to a blank LibreOffice document on my computer.
THOUGHTS:
Maybe I can use one at the end of my project once I have produced the video so that I can get feedback/people to evaluate my work.
TOTAL TIME SPENT: 2 hrs
No comments:
Post a Comment