Sunday, 1 February 2015

Editing with DJ PLAY

I arranged a meeting with my client in my studio, so that he can review the rough cut of my work and we can go from there. I decided to work with DJ PLAY in post production for two reasons; firstly, he is very keen to see the transformation of the material, and secondly because, as the client, he acts as the director. I think this is extremely important in the sense that, while I edit, he can make judgements and suggestions which will reflect his view of the video. Afteral, the video is being made to represent his track. I want this to be done as accurately as possible.

How we work

With my external monitor, I click and drag over the window from my editing program onto the larger screen. This is what my client mainly views. I sit at my desk and arrange/adjust footage to our liking. While I have developing skills in editing, DJ PLAY has a history of music producing and mixing, and also some background in video editing. In turn, we are able to communicate in terms of overlapping software terminology.

Progress made today

We have edited almost 1 minute of the music video, and discovered a variety of appropriate techniques and effects.

How my rough cut has changed

The main adaptation of my work so far has been the pacing. My client advised that I extend all of the shots in the opening to double their length, so to match the music. This has been useful in that it has set precedent for the pacing of the whole music video, so to match the feeling of the track. In addition, DJ PLAY has had a say in the ordering of imagery, and the appearance of nature in the structure of the music video. This was useful in developing the video framework.


Time spent: 3 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment